Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Magic is still ON

Summer magic was the most beautiful thing that happened to me in the last one year. My first trip to the ashram-simply superb, amazing and fantabulous. Nine days passed just like the click of mouse and still so much was left behind to be explored in that unearthly place. Yes, I call it unearthly because the place has such serene and uplifting vibes that even the most insensitive person on the earth can catch them, and I have never experienced such a high before!! You hardly feel low or sad over there, those feelings are so evanescent when you are on campus.
I have been enjoying practicing the newly learnt techniques and am quite thrilled about them; just like I was when I learnt the meditation for the first time, way back in standard eight. 

Moving on to what is keeping me busy these days, I would say that I am busy doing nothing; which includes mostly catching up with old friends, visiting relatives living close-by and playing cricket on the Tanmay's(school buddy) terrace. Today we played cricket till the sky grew dark, and as the darkness increased the number of overs per match kept on decreasing from six overs, to three till we came down to only two, and then the ball went invisible and we had to stop. A small get together of school friends is on the cards and the details will be finalized soon. My friends have been asking me about my plan for the rest of the break. I have not finalized anything formally. These days I am reading the Hindu scriptures. Currently busy with Yog Vashishta, which was a lecture given to Lord Rama by his Guru, Rishi Vashishta.
The peculiar feature of this scripture is that it is the only one "updesha" given to God, unlike others such as Bhagwat Gita, in which the Lord himself(or may be "herself" in certain scriptures, and then it will read-Lordess) speaks for the world.
I am quite liking the narrative which is full of interesting stories with a moral running in the background. Actually, thats the trick which most of the Vedic texts and Hindu scriptures have followed, they give a message through stories because the human mind remembers stuff through examples more easily than merely theory(some of you might be different!!!)

Now that I have started blogging, I shall try to be regular on the blogosphere!!
Keep checking for updates!! And do not forget to leave your comments. Would love to know what you think, whatsoever it is!!!

P.S.: For those of you who are left wondering what Summer Magic was, you may check out http://bawandinesh.name/summer-magic-2010/
In a nutshell it was a youth festival organised in the Art of Living International Ashram, Bangalore.
I shall find time to upload the pics soon.....

Manchit


No comments:

Post a Comment